Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Khushboo's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore
Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:44 pm by vsuprak

» Mahindra launches New Verito (Refreshed) on 26th Jul'12
Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:31 pm by vsuprak

» La Gardenia - Usha Lexus, Lavelle Road, Bangalore
Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:36 am by vsuprak

» Coonoor Chronicles
Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:26 pm by vsuprak

» Questions about the New Age
Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 5:58 pm by vsuprak

» Leb Mex - Lebanese & Mexican Vegetarian Budget Food
Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:39 pm by vsuprak

» For the Love of Photography
Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:16 pm by vsuprak

» 1st Anniversary Trip
Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:14 pm by vsuprak

» Tirupati Kalahasti
Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:13 pm by vsuprak

Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore

4 posters

Go down

How would you rate the overall experience of dining at Desmund's?

Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_vote_lcap25%Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_vote_lcap75%Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_vote_lcap0%Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_vote_lcap0%Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore Empty Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore

Post by vsuprak Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:32 am

Type: North Indian Buffet Meals (Weekdays)
How much: Rs. 123/- + taxes

Rate the food at Desmund's. In terms of taste, variety, authenticity, ambience, value for money.
What do you recommend about this place and what you dont?
vsuprak
vsuprak
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore Empty Re: Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore

Post by mk Mon May 11, 2009 7:52 pm

I had been to this place a couple of weeks ago..
It was a great place & beyond my expectations..
ambience was classy.. food was tasty..
Excellent price..
I being a veggie, would have preffered lower price for veggies Twisted Evil
And I also love desserts.. The meal ended with only one scoop of vanila ice-cream.. I would prefer less food and more deserts.. Laughing
Finally would recommend this place for anbody who loves food..
mk
mk
Newbie Brainer
Newbie Brainer

Back to top Go down

Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore Empty Re: Desmund's - Lavelle Road, Bangalore

Post by vsuprak Mon May 11, 2009 11:17 pm

But its a vfm though. Please do rate it in the poll above!!
vsuprak
vsuprak
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shreyas Sat May 30, 2009 6:04 pm

Desmonds!!! Its the name of the uncle who runs the place I guess
(He owns a Ford Fusion- not that it makes any difference !! )

It used to be amazing value for money when it was Rs100 + taxes. Now it has increased to Rs 123 + taxes . Still a very decent proposition on a weekday afternoon . Friday afternoons are really crowded and gets filled really fast as it is a small place. Book your tables early and be there before 1:00 PM.

Its a small cozy place. Nice seating and ambience. Don't get scared by the waiter there though. They will resemble the BOUNCERS in the pub you visited the previous night.

Coming to the main part - the food. You get an unlimited supply of the following
- Roti
- One Curry
- Two gravies
- One dal
- One Fried Rice / Jeera Rice
- Vanilla Icecream
- One Nonveg Grav - Generally chicken

The menu is basically fixed. Pretty tasty food. Make sure you have a large appitite before you go to this place.

Its basically like a buffet but the dishes are served in bowls on your table. So you do not have to walk to get your food.

shreyas

Back to top Go down

Post by vsuprak Sat May 30, 2009 11:14 pm

Just a caution though...

In case you get a bhendi masala (Okra/Ladies finger), pray to your gods.
It sucks Mad
vsuprak
vsuprak
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mk Sun May 31, 2009 10:33 pm

shreyas wrote: You get an unlimited supply of the following
- Roti
- One Curry
- Two gravies
- One dal
- One Fried Rice / Jeera Rice
- Vanilla Icecream
- One Nonveg Grav - Generally chicken

Even the Vanilla Ice cream is unlimited is it..??
mk
mk
Newbie Brainer
Newbie Brainer

Back to top Go down

Post by vsuprak Sun May 31, 2009 10:39 pm

Nope it isnt.
Even if it were, you wouldnt want to have another serving anyway. elephant
vsuprak
vsuprak
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mk Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:17 am

buddy.. Ice creams.. not another serving with me.. Wake me up at 12 in the night.. Give me a ton of ice - cream.. I ll finish it in minutes ..

PS: Am not kidding..
mk
mk
Newbie Brainer
Newbie Brainer

Back to top Go down

Post by vsuprak Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:50 am

No wonder Shell, Vittal Mallya road runs out of ice-cream stock so soon. lol!
vsuprak
vsuprak
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tushar Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Isnt that fond of ice-cream is feminine trait? Laughing
Tushar
Tushar

Back to top Go down

Post by vsuprak Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:46 pm

Goes well if you like lotsa chocolates too.
vsuprak
vsuprak
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mk Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:39 pm

Guys.. You gotta be really crazy..
When we college mates meet up.. We have loads of booze.. and then head to the 'Corner House'.. .
We have booze followed by ice-cream.. I myself prefer cake fudge.. or DBC..
mk
mk
Newbie Brainer
Newbie Brainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tushar Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Dude booze followed by ice-cream or chocklate takes the hangover to the peak. So drink is full. Wanna take it further? Have maghai paan at the end of the day! Cheers!!!
Tushar
Tushar

Back to top Go down

Post by mk Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:15 pm

Oh yeah.. maghai paan soon after booze.. and then journey for 5-10 mins to corner house wait for 5mins for the ice-cream to be prepared.. and then enjoy the dessert..!!
mk
mk
Newbie Brainer
Newbie Brainer

Back to top Go down

Post by vsuprak Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:06 am

And wake up the next morning as if you just returned from an exhausting trip to Mars. Wink
vsuprak
vsuprak
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mk Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:54 am

Well before that, the previous night when I reach home late.. I ring the bell.. , my mom gets up and opens the door.. then I sneak in as if nothing has happened hopin that my mom doesn catch me drunk.. But the sad part is that I get caught most of the times.. Crying or Very sad
mk
mk
Newbie Brainer
Newbie Brainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down